This is not a training. It’s an immersion. It’s not a place to come, sit on a mat or cushion, take copious notes and maybe reference them again. It’s a place to come and steep in the practice of intentional and supported stillness. To soak it in. To feel it in your body, mind, heart, and soul, and in that way trust it, and come into deeper and more respected relationship with it.
It is about the power of rest, anchored in restorative yoga.
Restorative Yoga offers opportunities to rest our bodies, process emotions, release tension, and find clarity on the mat. The result is often a more integrated connection to the self, more ease+ energy, and a greater sense of wellbeing.
Restorative Yoga is a subtle and chill practice that requires a different approach than more active styles. Yoga teachers and students of yoga of all traditions are invited to attend this immersion in order to deeply experience, and in that way learn, more about this nurturing, nourishing style of yoga that is beneficial for all.
Designed to feel like a retreat, over the course of the weekend you will experience, learn, and embody:
- What Restorative Yoga is and how it differs from other forms/styles of yoga.
- How restorative yoga is powerful and revolutionary.
- Sequencing for restorative yoga, timing, and length of holds for your everyday+ real life
- Restorative poses and how to modify for your body and holding patterns
- Uncovering your personal relationship to rest and how it impacts your wellbeing
- How restorative yoga supports the nervous system
- How to practice restorative- like poses when you have minimal props and limited time
- Why Restorative Yoga is both powerful squad care and self care
- The art of holding space for yourself and others
But wait, I’m a teacher. Will I know how to teach restorative yoga after this? You’ll be introduced to the basics of how to share restorative yoga in the most experiential way possible. You will come and be cared for while taking really good care of yourself. You’ll also receive 11 hours of CEU credits if you’d like to.
Um, I’m a student is this a teacher training? It’s not a teacher training. It’s an immersive experience which means we’ll dive much deeper than we have space and time to in a regularly scheduled class. It’s a place for both serious students and teachers of yoga to practice restorative yoga, chill, and rest.
Please note that healthy snacks, teas, and spring water will be provided both days.
You will need to bring:
-Something to write with
-Lunch for both days
To learn more about Octavia visit: www.octaviaraheem.com
Pricing: $300- 30 days in advance/ $375 after
Space limited to 16.