About our Yoga Nidra Module: Yoga Nidra, or “dynamic sleep,” is a unique approach to deep relaxation and meditation that can be practiced with little or no yogic experience, yet it encompasses the full breadth of yoga psychology and meditative insight. Yoga Nidra is typically ‘delivered’ to a group by a trained instructor, though it may also be employed in a dyadic setting (e.g., in place of or as an adjunct to counseling, psychotherapy, energy work, etc.) and, ultimately, may be self-initiated.
Yoga Nidra helps foster a sense of wholeness and wellbeing in every moment by inviting practitioners to embody, accept and transform the conditions that lay at the roots of suffering. As such, Yoga Nidra can become the foundation through which we engage with the world and embark on our journey of healing and self-discovery.
This comprehensive, nourishing 15-hour teacher training and retreat-style experience will feature gentle movement, breath work, and several opportunities to both receive and guide the immensely restorative, deep relaxation of Yoga Nidra. The immersion will also feature integrative discussion/Q&A on the philosophy and clinical research supporting the practice, including how it relates to waking and dream life (e.g., lucid dreaming), releasing anxiety, healing insomnia, overcoming nightmares, etc. You will also learn:
• A succinct yet adaptable method for guiding Yoga Nidra within diverse audiences.
• To integrate Yoga Nidra into yoga classes, health care clinics, private practice, etc.
• The philosophical foundations of Yoga Nidra, and how it relates to Yoga, Tantra, Buddhism & Transpersonal Psychology
• How to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy, develop clear boundaries and shed unwanted energies
• Tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart
• To relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources
Nick Atlas, Ph.D., E-RYT 500 is a light-hearted, grounded and accessible meditation instructor specializing in integrative approaches to sleep, dreams, relaxation and stress reduction. The Director of Evolutionary Education® and 200-hr Yoga Psychology Teacher Trainings, Nick also teaches Transpersonal Psychology at Atlantic University and conducts pioneering research on Yoga Nidra and lucid dreaming. He has been practicing and teaching various forms of yoga, qigong, dreamwork and meditation since 1998. For more info, visit www.evolutionaryeducation.org
Pricing: $325- 30 days in advance/ $400 after