Introduction to Kemetic Yoga: A Soul-filled Immersion lead by Ona Hawk, 500hr-RYT
The story of yoga is an ocean and the deeper, hidden waters draw some of us to want to know its source. Many pieces of the ancient African truth have been destroyed, lost or forgotten, but evidence of its contribution to yoga is alive today and re-empowering us through a system called Kemetic Yoga.
This is an exploration into the the ancient African healing sciences and how they lend to this system of yoga for achieving well-being and balance.
Feed your soul and curiosity, as well as gain a new understanding as we separate mystery from fact to find how this sacred wisdom is part of who you are, and meant to be shared and beheld as part of who we are.
What is Kemetic Yoga? It is a system rooted in ancient African healing sciences and designed to be easily practiced by any body in every place. The syncretism between methods ancient and modern, Eastern and Western and from across the diaspora helps makes this yoga accessible, applicable, and meaningful to all.
But why do we need an African system of yoga? What are the differences between this system and yoga from India? How do you practice it to benefit your health? What or who is this practice connecting us with? These are the questions that mean you’re ready to immerse yourself in the study, practice and community that Kemetic Yoga has to offer. The journey to these answers is yours to travel from right where you are.
This two day weekend course will be a start or a return for you to the true nature of yoga as a self-healing practice.
Join Ona Hawk to learn the following from an ancient African perspective:
- Relearn proper breathing skills for relieving stress, centering the mind and balancing energies
- How to harmonize the breath with movement for an easy and comfortable experience
- The technique and anatomy of postures and sequences unique to ancient Egypt (Kemet)
- The connection between yoga and the chakras, energy channels and the ancestors
- Definitions of Kemetic terms and symbols that represent the roots of yoga originating from Africa
- How to increase the flow of your life-force energy for healing and revitalization
- How to open yourself to spirit for a greater connection with Self and Nature
Created for yoga teachers and serious students, this course is an immersion and focuses on embodied experience.
It is designed to offer a foundation of essential, basic knowledge for you to build a safe and confident practice. The science that you will learn can help you either enhance the purpose and results of your existing practice or start a healthy relationship with yoga.
Please note that healthy snacks, teas, and spring water will be provided both days.
You will need to bring:
-Something to write with
-Lunch for both days
To learn more about Ona Hawk visit: www.onahawk.com
Pricing: $300- 30 days in advance/ $375 after
Space limited to 14.