Yoga+ Mindfulness Tools to Bolster Resilience in Our Kids
– Understand the impact of stress, race, and systems based trauma on the developing brains and bodies of children and adolescents
– Cultivate a resource-rich toolkit for self-care and overall wellbeing
– Embody the spirit of yoga as a teaching and classroom management tool
– Foster community and build relationships with youth with diverse needs
– Learn a pedagogical framework for creating engaging yoga and mindfulness lessons and curriculum
– Craft accessible, inclusive, relevant, and fun yoga and mindfulness experiences for our kids
Sunday- 8:30 – 3:30pm
One hour for meal break each day.
This immersion will be eligible for professional development credits for participants who are yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance.
Crystal McCreary is a yoga and mindfulness educator, writer and speaker. Her career in education spans 15 years. As a former classroom teacher, she is committed to supporting children, adolescents and adults by creating brave spaces to connect, learn, and build resilience in a world that often fractures the inherent wholeness of body, mind, and heart. Crystal implements yoga and mindfulness programs within schools, organizations, and corporations to foster compassionate communities and sustainable work environments. Her work enhances wellness initiatives through professional development and conference workshops, webinars, trainings, yoga and mindfulness classes, and wellness retreats internationally. Crystal’s programs emphasize the importance of self- care as the gateway to social justice and community healing in the world.
Crystal participates as a consultant and lead teacher for research studies on yoga and mindfulness conducted by CUNY-Hunter’s public health department. She serves on the Yoga Alliance Committee for Diversity, Accessibility and Inclusion, whose aim is to support excellent and responsible yoga education to the full spectrum of diverse practitioners of today. She is also on faculty for teacher training programs including Mindful Schools, Bent on Learning, and Lineage Project. Crystal has been featured in publications such as Yoga Bodies Book, Mantra Yoga + Health magazine, Elephant Journal, Shondaland.com, academic journals such as Race & Yoga (UC Berkeley), and also contributes regularly to numerous blogs and podcasts. She studied African and African American studies at Stanford University and acting as part of The American Conservatory Theater MFA program before arriving in New York in 2004. To learn more about Crystal visit www.crystalmccrearyyoga.com.
$375 Before October 2, 2019, $450 After