Vedic Chanting ImmersionNovember 26, 2018
Octavia Nasr practices and teaches her Vedic Chanting in the Himalayan Tradition. This lineage of teachers is at least 5000 years old although eternal in nature. In this tradition deities are thought of as symbols not as realities to be worshipped.
In this immersion, you will learn:
• The various ways in which Mantras can be used and the calming and cooling effect they have on our breath, body and life
• How chanting mantras is an exercise that involves the throat mainly but engages the heart as well as the core and root and therefore affects the entire being.
• Why it is crucial to pronounce Sanskrit correctly for the effectiveness of the Mantra chanting and how to convey the natural rhythm of each syllable and soak in the true meaning of every word.
• How to memorize Mantras through call and response. Participants will get the chance to chant individually and receive constructive group and one-on-one feedback.
• How to incorporate Vedic Chanting in your yoga practice and/or your yoga class through a 75-minute practice on both days of the immersion
• Receive a brief overview of the seven primary chakras and how chanting affects all of them. Butti Shudhi Group Practice both days: Chanting the Chakra Beej Mantras
Expect to learn how to properly chant the following Mantras:
• Om Mantra
• Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
• Shanti Mantra (2 versions: Vaidika & Purna)
• Gayatri Mantra
• Visvakalyana (Asato Ma)
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras – Knowledge of Surya Namaskar 12-step traditional sequence
Investment: $275 Earlybird price $225 if registered by January 23, 2019
Teachers receive 10 CEU credits for attending/completing.
Please note, no refunds.