Mantra Meditation Teacher Immersion
The Mantra Meditation module is part of our Art of Chill Series: An Immersion and Self Care Experience for Yoga TeachersThis is part of our CEU program, designed to give teachers who currently hold a 200/500-certification additional tools to create chill space for self and students.
In this weekend intensive we will dive deep into the foundations of mantra meditation, one of the most ancient techniques for consciousness expansion that we still have access to today. Mantra meditation uses the sound vibrations of Sanskrit, the sacred language of India, to create energy connections between our own finite, conditional consciousness and the expanded, cosmic consciousness of those beings we call deities. Through these connections, our own consciousness begins to evolve and we are able to rediscover our true nature in the infinite and unconditional. There are two great traditions of mantra meditation, the Sanātana Dharma (from which yoga and Hinduism emerge), and the Buddha Dharma (in its later stages of the Mahāyāna and Vajrayāna), and both will be explored equally. This intensive will cover the following topics:• What Is a Mantra? A basic definition and examination of the history of this practice.• Sacred Languages. Understanding the difference between Sanskrit and an ordinary, secular language.• The Sanskrit Alphabet. Learning to vibrate the sounds correctly for maximum effectiveness.
• Daily Practice Techniques. Counting with a mālā, number of repetitions, preparing to meditate, etc.
• What Is a Deity? Defining the terms deva, devi, buddha and bodhisattva, and understanding how we relate to those beings.
• Root Mantras. The first step in connecting to a deity. We will practice root mantras for Gaṇeśa, Sarasvatī, Lakṣmī, Durgā and Śiva, from the Sanātana Dharma, plus Avalokiteśvara, Māñjuśrī, Vajrapāni and Tārā from the Buddha Dharma.
• Tantra Philosophy. The underlying cosmology and mechanics of modern mantra meditation practice that explains how and why this practice actually works, including practice of mantras that support the concepts.
• Sanskrit and the Chakras. An overview of the anatomy of the subtle body and how the vibrations of Sanskrit mantras interact with it.
• Healing Mantras. The relationship between healing and consciousness. Explanation and practice of the White Tārā, Medicine Buddha and Mṛtyunjaya mantras.
• Advanced Sādhana, Creating specific practices to achieve goals, charging the mālā, etc.
• The Gāyatrī Mantra. The most ancient mantra that we still know today, which draws Divine Light into the mind to illuminate our consciousness.
About Ian Boccio :
Based in Atlanta, Georgia (USA), Ian is fully absorbed in his mission to facilitate the consciousness expansion of humanity as a whole. He is the chant leader, composer, and business manager for an experimental mantra music ensemble, Blue Spirit Wheel, which tours around the U.S. bringing bhakti and mantra experiences into diverse communities. Ian has collaborated with many yoga teachers to create āsana classes that feature live music and mantra chanting. In 2010, Ian is one of the founders of ChantLanta, a charity organization that creates awareness of chanting and yoga practices through the annual ChantLanta Sacred Music Festival, and served as the festival’s Creative Director for seven years. ChantLanta supports both local and international nonprofit organizations, encouraging people to give their time and/or money to help others in a spirit of seva.
As a māntrika, Ian is constantly active in promoting the benefits of mantra repetition, both on a personal level and for the world as a whole. He facilitates weekly chanting circles in Atlanta and travels throughout the U.S. teaching the weekend Mantra Chant Intensives. He has also been called upon to lecture and teach on Sanskrit, mantra and chanting for Yoga Teacher Trainings. Most importantly, Ian continues to work on himself, further refining his own energy through his personal mantra practice, to become an ever more transparent vehicle for the Divine Grace that brought him here.
Pricing: $350- Before March 27, 2018/ $425 after